Position: Umbrella Facilitator
OUT MetroWest seeks to hire a facilitator who identifies on the transfeminine spectrum for a gender diverse youth group. Umbrella is a social and supportive program of OUT MetroWest specifically for trans and gender non-conforming high school youth. The group meets twice per month, year-round. Umbrella seeks to support the health and emotional well-being of our youth through social and educational programs and trans adult guidance.
Description of Job:
Develop and lead twice-monthly programming and meeting activities for youth group. Candidates must be able to commit to attend the great majority of meetings and will work with the Director of Programs and other program facilitators in planning and implementing programs. Responsibilities during the meeting include facilitating meetings, implementing programs, set-up and clean-up, taking attendance, providing resources and mentoring to youth, and responding to crises.
At least two adults will be present at every meeting to ensure health and safety. Sessions run from 7 – 8:30 pm on the first and third Wednesday of the month. On the first Wednesday, Umbrella meets in Wellesley Hills. On the third Wednesday, Umbrella meets in Framingham. Facilitators should arrive one-half hour before youth to help set up, and expect to stay one-half hour after youth leave to clean up (totally 2.5 hours). In addition to being present for the 2.5 hours at meetings (6:30-9pm, inclusive of time for set-up and clean-up), we ask that each facilitator work up to an additional 2.5 hours in pre-meeting planning and preparation. Each facilitator is compensated for up to five hours in preparation and implementation of each meeting. OUT MetroWest will also hold occasional leadership and planning meetings that this facilitator should attend.
- Experience working closely with high school age youth
- Punctuality, reliability, and sensitivity
- A background in education, social work, therapy, or group facilitation is strongly preferred
- Commitment to human rights and familiarity with the LGBTQ community, specifically trans and gender non-conforming identities
There will be a paid training period after which facilitators receive $125 per meeting. This includes 2.5 hours of work on the meeting night, plus 2.5 hours of prep/post-work.
In lieu of a Cover Letter, please email resume and response to 3 prompts to Courtney Allen, Director of Programs.
- Tell us about your experience working with trans and gender non-conforming youth.
- Tell us about a specific time you developed and facilitated an activity/program for youth.
- Why do you want to work with trans and gender non-conforming young people?